Benjamin Jewell, President, Coldwater
Thomas Lowande, Vice President, Union Twp.
Martha Watson, Secretary, City of Coldwater
Susan Brooks, Trustee, County-at-Large
Kimberly Langworthy, Trustee, County-at-Large
Karen Smith, Trustee, Bronson
Susan Smith, Trustee, Quincy
Board of Trustees Regular Meeting
Conducted Virtually on Zoom/YouTube Due to the Coronavirus
Monday, August 17, 2020
In accordance with Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer's Executive Order 2020-154, designed to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus by allowing public bodies subject to the Open Meetings Act to use telephone or video conferencing technology to meet and conduct business, the Branch District Library Board of Trustees is holding this meeting via an online livestream. Connection details are below, or see our Online Meeting Guide for help.
Members of the public wishing to participate in the meeting have the following options:
- If you wish only to observe and listen:
- We recommend you view our livestream by going to:
- Join the meeting on Zoom via the following address:
- You may also call in on a telephone to listen to the meeting audio. Dial 1-312-626-6799, and enter meeting ID 894-7149-1344. A participant ID is not required to listen.
- If you wish to give public comment:
- Join the meeting on Zoom via the following address: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89471491344. Indicate you wish to speak by pressing the "Raise Hand" icon in Zoom before a public comment period.
- Send an email by 4:00pm prior to the meeting to the Library Director at director@BranchDistrictLibrary.org.
- use our web form at https://www.BranchDistrictLibrary.org/suggestion_box.
- Leave a voicemail by 4:00pm prior to the meeting by calling the Library Director at 517-279-7848.
- Dial 1-312-626-6799, and enter meeting ID 894-7149-1344. A participant ID is not required to listen. If you wish to make a comment, press *9 on your touchtone phone or keypad before a public comment period.
- During the public comment periods, those indicating they wish to speak will be recognized. Individuals making public comments should state their name and where they live before their comment. The time limit for any individual's public comments will be 5 minutes.
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call / Attendance
- Time for Public Comments
This is a time for participation from the public. Those wishing to speak should indicate their desire to do so by pressing the "Raise Hand" button in Zoom, or dialing *9 on their telephone keypad. Speakers must identify themselves for the record, and there will be a time limit of five minutes per speaker. Some questions may require research, in which case no answer may be available at this time.
- Consent Agenda (Items A-H)
Items listed in the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine matters or items not needing further discussion. Board members should indicate now if they would like any items moved from the Consent Agenda for discussion. Approval of these items will be enacted in one motion.
- BDL Regular Board Meeting Minutes: July 20, 2020
- Bills: July 2020
- Financial Statements: July 2020
- Branch County Penal Fine Report: not available
- Management Reports: August 14, 2020
- Branch Reports: August 14, 2020
- Monthly Statistical Report: July 2020
- Publicity and Comments: August 14, 2020
END OF CONSENT AGENDA
- Approval of the Agenda
- COVID-19 Update
The next scheduled meeting of the Branch District Library Board of Trustees will be held Monday, September 21, 2020, at 5:30pm at the Algansee Branch Library. If that changes due to the coronavirus, we will make additional public announcements.
- Additional Public Comments
This is a time for participation from the public. Those wishing to speak should indicate their desire to do so by pressing the “Raise Hand” button in Zoom, or dialing *9 on their telephone keypad. Speakers must identify themselves for the record, and there will be a time limit of five minutes per speaker. Some questions may require research, in which case no answer may be available at this time.
The Branch District Library will provide necessary and reasonable auxiliary aids and services, such as signers for the hearing impaired and audio tapes of printed materials being considered at the meeting to individuals with disabilities at the meeting/hearing upon one week’s notice to the Branch District Library by writing or calling the following:
Branch District Library, 10 E. Chicago St., Coldwater, MI 49036